From soup to nuts, Food Works Group consults on initiatives related to the food system. Our work includes food access and distribution, commercial kitchens, food systems analysis, hunger-relief, urban agriculture, culinary endeavors, nutrition/cooking education, and more.
Some current and recent highlights:
- MAZON — Collaborating on the concept, strategy, and implementation for a national project focused on supporting hunger-relief organizations' efforts to strengthen programs and practices around nutrition education, food access, and more
- Potter's House — Working with various stakeholders to formulate a vision and execution plan for a cafe and book store with a social justice theme; consultation on kitchen and overall re-design, menu development, facilitation of partnerships with other mission-driven organizations, and sourcing of high-quality, local ingredients
- DC-area commercial kitchens — advising on the creation of two shared-use, commercial kitchens that aim to support local economic development and entrepreneurship; performing a feasibility study; collaborating with the architect on layout and design; and developing programming for the purpose of creating educational opportunities and additional revenue streams
- Food Day — Planning and management of 120 events as part of the DC launch for Food Day
- To Doggy with Love — supporting this new, eco- and health-conscious dog food business with bringing a product to market, including sourcing sustainable ingredients, identification of USDA-inspected manufacturing facilities, and other related product development needs
- US Healthful Foods Council — Consultation on business development, grant writing, marketing, and communications for a new, national non-profit organization
- Ohr Kodesh Community Garden — Event planning, design of nutrition-related curriculum, and workshop facilitation around the kick-off of a community garden
- Napolitano restaurant — Collaboration on the business plan for a new restaurant featuring authentic Napolitano cuisine made with fresh, local ingredients
- Wide Net Project — Initiating and managing this new, non-profit initiative from ideation through launch and operations, including partner relations, fundraising, and a communications strategy that embraces the dual missions of environmental conservation and hunger relief
Food Works Group can join you in starting projects anew, as well as provide support for ongoing operations and communications. We are innovators who thrive when problem solving.
Bring us on board from the beginning, and our nationally recognized team will help conceptualize solutions that meet your long-term vision, including business development and fundraising. Or tap into our skills further down the road when you want to build capacity, expand upon an existing project, strengthen implementation, or simply find a new approach to an old matter.
Food Works Group is your partner in making your food project work.
For more information: